Capitol Hill Briefing: The Future of Kidney Care in America
February 28, 2020
**In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak situation, this briefing has been canceled and will be rescheduled for a later date.**
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Participants from Congress, HHS, NIH and the Kidney Community will Discuss Bold Actions to Expand Choice, Improve Access and Foster Innovation in Kidney Care
The Congressional Kidney Caucus, in cooperation with Kidney Care Partners (KCP), the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Kidney Foundation (NKF), will host a Capitol Hill lunch briefing on Thursday, March 12, World Kidney Day, to discuss the continued momentum and coordination among bipartisan Members of Congress, the Administration and the broader kidney community to improve kidney care in America. The program will highlight developments in care, policies and shared priorities to improve quality, access and choice for individuals living with kidney disease, kidney failure and transplants.
Topics covered will include the kidney disease crisis and ongoing need for prevention, research and innovation to improve care quality. Specifically, speakers will highlight the progress of existing efforts underway, including KCP’s Kidney Care FIRST, KidneyX, the Kidney Risk Campaign, HHS’ Advancing American Kidney Health Initiative, NIDDK’s activities and bipartisan efforts underway in Congress.
MODERATOR: John Butler, Chair, KCP
- Congresswoman Suzan DelBene (WA-1)
- Congressman Larry Bucshon (IN-8)
- Kevin Longino, CEO, NKF
- Nick Uehlecke, Advisor, Immediate Office of the Secretary, HHS
- Dr. Robert Star, Director, Division of Kidney, Urologic, and Hematologic Diseases, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
- Dr. John Sedor, Chair of the KidneyX Steering Committee and the Ray W. Gifford, M.D., Endowed Chair in Kidney Research at the Glickman Urology & Kidney Institute at Cleveland Clinic
121 Cannon House Office Building
27 Independence Ave SE
Washington, DC 20003
Thursday, March 12, 2020
*Lunch will be provided*
RSVP & Media Inquiries: Sarah Ann Rhoades, SRhoades@schmidtpa.com, 703-548-0019