CMS Five-Star Program
Methodology for Star Ratings of Dialysis Facilities June 30The CMS Five-Star Ranking Program for ESRD facilities continues to raise concerns throughout the kidney care community and questions from policymakers. KCP supports providing patients and the public with easy-to-understand information about dialysis facility quality. Such information should accurately reflect the care being provided by the facility. As currently designed, the ESRD Five-Star Program does not provide accurate or meaningful information.
KCP Comment Letters:
- CMS Patients over Paperwork ESRD Facility Compare Five Star Letter (May 18, 2018)
- Dialysis Facility Compare (DFC)/ESRD Five Star Candidate Measures and Awarding Star Ratings (December 12, 2017)
- ESRD Five Star Dialysis Facility Compare (DFC) Technical Expert Panel (April 7, 2017)
- Dialysis Facility Compare (DFC)/ESRD Five Star Rating Program Letter to Kate Goodrich, Acting Director (November 14, 2016)
- Methodology for Star Ratings of Dialysis Facilities Letter to Kate Goodrich, Acting Director, CMS (June 30, 2016)
- Planned Changes to the DFC Star Rating Methodology Letter to Kate Goodrich, Acting Director, CMS (March 16, 2016)
- Dialysis Facility Compare/ESRD Five Star Letter to Patrick Conway, M.D., Deputy Administrator, Chief Medical Officer, CMS (November 2015)
- KCP Recommendation Letter on Improving the Structural Methodology of the ESRD Five Star Program to Andrew Slavitt, Acting Administrator, CMS (March 3, 2015)
- ESRD Five Star Program Letter to Administrator Tavenner (February 13, 2015)
- ESRD Five Star Program Letter to Administrator Tavenner (October 30, 2014)
- ESRD Five Star Rating Program Letter to Patrick Conway, M.D., Deputy Administrator for Innovation and Quality and Chief Medical Officer (August 8, 2014)
Other Comment Letters:
Learn More about the Kidney Care Community’s Reaction to the Dialysis 5-Star Program.